The MSL Spanish ‘Pico’s’ Classic
Experience the iconic ‘Pico’s de Europa’
Sensational, twisty, smooth mountain roads, stunning views!
Extensive off-roading around the Trans Euro Trail
This exceptionally priced and very popular Tour to Suances and the Picos’s de Europa is now back on board Brittany Ferries Pont Aven, for our return overnight crossing from Plymouth to Santander. Departure is on Wednesday 9th October at 15:45hrs. with a Thursday early afternoon arrival in Santander, for Day One in Spain.
Choose whether to go directly on your first day’s ride out from Santander or go the short distance to our quality four star (half board) Tour hotel in Suances . Either check in if our rooms are available or simply leave your luggage securely at the hotel before you head out on your first day for some fun on your bike! Suances with its local restaurants and bars in the Old Port, will be our comfortable and familiar base for the next four nights, just a short ride (less than an hour) from the heart of the Pico’s de Europa. Enjoy an all-inclusive comprehensive buffet style meal with wine each evening and a comprehensive breakfast to start each days ride out!
This trip is undoubtedly about riding the roads, stunning scenery, wonderful roadside cafes, some great company and making new friends. The Picos de Europa makes up the central range of the Cantabrian Mountains and without doubt providing some of the best biking roads in Europe! If you do nothing else just take the N-621 south from Unquera, take a right at Panes over the bridge and track upwards along the incredible AS-114 towards Cangas de Onis, along bend after sweeping bend. Follow the road south to Rhiano on the iconic N-625 to re-join the N-621 north bound back up to Potes along some fabulously smooth, sweeping roads and switch backs with stunning scenery and mountainous back drops to match! Don’t forget to stop at the Mirador del Corzo along the Puerto san Gloria for a photograph with the iconic bronze ‘Cantabrian Chamois’ and take in the incredible views! You really have to experience these roads on a bike and many more amazing endless mountainous routes which twist and turn through the stunning heart of the Picos de Europa and the wonderful regions of Cantabria and Asturias. If off-roading’s your thing then the Trans Euro Trail has an extensive network of tracks running around this region of Spain. (www.transeurotrail.org/spain)
Our return journey to Plymouth on Day Five is on the following Monday 14th October after four nights at the Grand Hotel Suances, so a relaxed breakfast is in order followed by a coffee or two near the lighthouse in Suances, before making our way back to Santander. You will have plenty of time to enjoy the roads around Cantabria one final time on the way back to the port! Here we re-board Brittany Ferries ship the Pont Aven , leaving Santander at 18:30hrs for our overnight crossing back to Plymouth arriving at 15:30hrs on Tuesday afternoon Plenty of time then to catch up with some banter on-board over a few beers, reflecting on our shared experiences on the highlights of this fabulous trip to the Pico’s de Europa.
- Return Brittany Ferries Plymouth – Santander
- 2 berth single, shared cabin or reserved seat
- 4 nights 4* halfboard accommodation in Spain
- Comprehensive buffet style evening meal with comlimentary wine plus buffet breakfast
- Tour schedule, briefing and GPS ride out day files* (Excludes TET and off-road planning)
- Escorted support of MSL Tour Associate
* Please see terms relating to GPS routes
- Travel and breakdown insurance
- Repatriation in the event of an accident
- Auto route / parking charges other than indicated
- Meals and drinks other than detailed
Once you have completed your booking form, please pay your deposit.
Either by credit /debit card using the ‘Pay Now’ link below or by online bank transfer to:
MSL Tours, Lloyds Bank Ely. sort: 30-93-05, account: 01097575.
Payment by credit or debit card through Stripe.
Rider & Pillion
Our terms and conditions apply to all bookings.
You agree to be bound by them and our Tour briefing conditions when you book with MSL Tours.
Departs: Wednesday 9th October
Returns: Monday 14th October
Duration: 6 nights, 7 days
Brittany Ferries Plymouth – Santander Return
Pont Aven overnight crossing outbound and return
Self-Guided with Escorted Support
Rider with Pillion
Shared cabin and room £715.00
Shared cabin and room £810.00
Single cabin and room £990.00
Reserved seat with shared room £750.00
Reserved seat with single room £875.00
Deposit payment £95.00
(Payable on booking)
Amendments to Brittany Ferries reservation (once made) a £25 admin fee will apply.
- 4 nights halfboard 4* accommodation in Spain
- 4 evening buffet meals, complimentary red wine
- 3 full ride out days in Cantabria & Asturias
- The Picos de Europa National Park
- Sensational, twisty, smooth mountainous roads
- Some of the best roads to ride on in Spain!
- Ride off-road on sections of the Trans Euro Trail
- No high mileage travel days, based one hotel
- Spectacular flowing routes, moutainous scenery
- Some technical, tight, twisty routes
- Hotel 30 minute ride to Cabezon de la Sal, CA-180 and only 50 minutes to Panes on the N-621
- 1 night outbound and 1 night return on ferry
- Suitable for less experienced riders
- Self-Guided with Escorted Support