The Swiss Alps
Experience the most iconic and famous mountain passes in the Alps
An opportunity to ride the Stelvio Pass!
The Tour starts in Dover where we meet before boarding our early morning ferry crossing to Calais. Once in France we’ll make quick progress to our first (half board) transit hotel in Reims, with the opportunity to stop in Cambrai for a late lunch along the way.
Day Two will see us ride down through central France to Lucelle in the Southern Alsace just a few miles from the Swiss border. Here our very comfortable family run three star (half board) hotel is situated in the heart of the Sundgauvian countryside with views over the Swiss Jura.
We are then perfectly situated for our short ride into Switzerland on Day Three. We’ll be riding towards Meiringen a short distance east of Interlaken for our overnight stay in our three star (half board) accommodation. Meiringen is known for the nearby Reichenbach Falls, the setting for the final showdown between Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s fictional detective Sherlock Holmes and his nemesis Professor Moriarty
On Day Four our ride to Zuoz, in the far east of the country will allow us to ride some iconic central Swiss mountain passes; Including the Susten Pass towards Andermatt, the Oberalp-Passstrasse, the Julier Pass and onwards through the iconic resort off St.Moritz, before we arrive for two nights in our three star accommodations (half board) in Zuoz, in the Upper Engadine region. A ride out day into the twists and turns of the South Tyrol in northern Italy awaits us on Day Five, with an opportunity for those that would like to tackle the mighty Stelvio Pass, don’t forget your obligatory ‘bratwurst’ before you begin your ride!
We’ll make our way back to Meiringen on Day Six taking the Furka and Grimsel passes from Andermat for a truly mountainous ride back to re-visit our comfortable three star (half board) accommodation for two further nights. We are then perfectly placed to experience some of the best mountain Passes in the Alps on our Day Seven ride out day.
These iconic routes are conveniently located just a short distance away from our tour hotel in Meiringen, including the Grimsel, Furka, Nufenen, St.Gottard, Tremola and Susten Passes.
After five nights in these mountainous surroundings we head back on Day Eight to a further once night stay at our family run (half board) hotel in Lucelle before we return to our (half board) transit hotel in Reims on Day Nine.
Day Ten is a relaxed ride back to Calais to board our early afternoon ferry to Dover. Alternatively take the autoroute to catch an earlier crossing, if available. Time then to reflect on the magnificence and stunning beauty of the Swiss Alps with our incredible riding experiences over some of the best mountain passes in Europe!
- Return ferry crossing with P&O Dover – Calais
- 9 nights half board hotel accommodation
- Swiss motorway tax (vignette)
- Secure parking for bikes
- Tour itinerary, briefing and GPS ride out day files*
- Escorted support of MSL Tour Associate
* Please see terms relating to GPS routes
- Travel and breakdown insurance
- Repatriation in the event of an accident
- Auto route / parking charges other than indicated
- Meals and drinks other than detailed
Once you have completed your booking form, please pay your deposit.
Either by credit /debit card using the ‘Pay Now’ link below or by online bank transfer to:
MSL Tours, Lloyds Bank Ely. sort: 30-93-05, account: 01097575.
Payment by credit or debit card through Stripe.
Rider & Pillion
Our terms and conditions apply to all bookings.
You agree to be bound by them and our Tour briefing conditions when you book with MSL Tours.
Departs: Saturday 10th August
Returns: Monday 19th August
Duration: 9 nights, 10 days
P & O Ferries Dover – Calais Return
Self-Guided with Escorted Support
Rider with Pillion
Shared room £1,565.00
Shared room £1,660.00
Single room £2,075.00
Deposit payment £95.00
(payable on booking)
- 9 nights half board accommodation
- 2 nights, 3 star half board, Southern Alsace, France
- 5 nights 3 star half board Switzerland
- With a 3 course dinner menu and an extensive breakfast buffet
- Ride the famous ‘Swiss Passes’ including the Furka, Grimsel, Susten, Nufenen and St. Gotthard
- An opportunity to ride the iconic Stelvio Pass
- Stunning mountainous, twisty routes!
- Some higher mileage transit days, up to 250 miles
- Technical mountain passes with switchbacks
- Suitable for experienced, confident riders
- Self-Guided with Escorted Support